Kids love chicken nuggets, especially my son, who is gluten intolerant. So, this afternoon I was determined to make tasty gluten free nuggets. These bite size nuggets turned out delicious and super crunchy. Cheers to healthy eating!
Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp. hot sauce
2 egg whites
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup Pamela’s gluten free artisan flour
1½ gluten free Rice Chex (original)
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1½ tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cut chicken into 1 inch small cubes. In a bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Add the chicken and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
2. Now it’s time to set-up the assembly line. Bowl one is for the flour.
3. Bowl two is for the egg whites.
4. Pound Rice Chex in a brown bag or plastic, using a rolling pin to make crumbs. Combine Rice Chex crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika in your third bowl.
5. Use a pair of tongs or clean hands, dip chicken cubes in the flour, egg and then Rice Chex mixture.
6. Lay chicken on lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until done. Do not overcook the chicken as they will be dry and hard.